Today, I was touched by an Angel.
A simple act of kindness had made our afternoon special, memorable and enchanting. Good food, good company and ample laughter made the hearts leap with joy.
The woes of yesterday’s torment were replaced with immeasurable happiness. Honey would have been tasteless at that moment. The satisfied smiles which turned up the kids’ lips filled my heart with contentment.
The blessing of the Angel followed me throughout the day. The sun looked brighter and the sky clearer even with the haze hanging in the air. The kids were especially fortunate to catch me in such a high spirit. My tolerance level shot up and my mega-watt smile almost blinding. With surprising patience, I managed to help Angel overcome the obstacle we encountered last night. The success sent another jolt of ecstasy through my system.
We had dinner at the café at the library. We gladly shared a Chicken Combo meal, spaghetti and sipped on ice-blended mocha. Nothing beats the feeling of sharing food and jokes across the table. I was happily satiated.
On our way home, we dropped by the bakery for something to celebrate for Rachel’s birthday which falls on the next day. Her aunt would be baking a cake for her on the actual day but I wanted to have this night specially for us.
There was no fancy cake, extravagant food or sophisticated decorations. Just the four of us in our little dining area, six mini tartlets, a platter of potato chips and three cans of sodas. But my dear kids were capable of deriving complicated delight from something this simple. We sang, clapped, cheered, laughed and enjoyed every moment.Oh my, I’m caught in rapture.


2 comments:
Thank you! You have spurred me!
Stories like this shines like a candle in the dark.
You are my role model.
PS: Happy Birthday to beautiful Rachel!
nonononononono.. the kids are the role models.. they lighted my candles in the dark.. :)
Post a Comment