Monday, October 09, 2006

Because I Love You

If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance. ~Andrea Boydston

The morning air was especially crisp and fresh after a night of agonizing acid breathing. What a joy to be able to look out of the window without squinting or rubbing my eyes. The trees were a deep green again and the sky a pastel blue. It took days of torments to appreciate the treasures right before us.

Despite the new hope the morning heralded, my day was a fruitless one.

Besides gaining another level for my character in Maple Story, I had done nothing. I did some laundry in the morning, went over to my in-law’s place for lunch, listened to my mother-in-law complaining about her rheumatic leg, comforted her a little, chided Mervin for playing on the computer for three full hours, and then played Maple Story myself for the next four hours.

My joy in the game now was purely my ability to help lower level characters to complete their quests and achieve levels up. It was a great feeling to be regarded as a heroine, a stark contrast to the incompetent self in reality, even for the briefest moment.

Yet, the day ended with Angel gushing all over me.

I was giving her a peck on her forehead before leaving for my shower when she held onto my arm and refused to let go.

“I don’t want you to take your shower. I want you to lie down beside me and sleep with me,” she cooed.

“Why?” Although I knew her answer, I’d love to hear her say it again.

“Because I love you,” she emphasized it with a kiss on my arm.

“But I’m sticky and smelly right now,” I chuckled.

“I don’t mind. I just want you to stay in bed with me,” she persisted.

“Why?” I just wanted to hear it one more time.

“Because I love you,” she didn’t hesitate to repeat it.

Her voice was a song in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...I love it too when my girl does that to me....soaking every moment of it......it just make you feel being in cloud nine ......and all that you done is worth it....

felicia said...

hehehe.. ya.. my boy only gets mushy when he needs something from me.. tsk tsk.. hope he doesn't do that to other gals next time.. :P