Friday, October 06, 2006

Swamp

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.
-Christina Georgina Rossetti

Sometimes I got stuck in the past.

I wouldn’t say that I’m the most unfortunate person in the world. There are people out there who suffer fates far worse than me. I’m just having my fair share of ups and downs which help to mould me into a stronger person.

I try not to remember though it’s impossible to forget. But at times when I do remember, I’ll remind myself of the blessings that I’m having now; my amazing kids, wonderful friends, understanding in-laws, ever-supporting family and an ever-loyal pooch.

It’s not easy to get up and carry on after every hard fall. But with so many outstretched hands to tug on, and so many shoulders to lean on, I consider myself the most fortunate soul in the universe.

God has a brilliant way of making things happen. Whenever I lost my head in cloud nine, He’ll pull me back on Earth with a little mishap. It is to remind me not to take things for granted. Whenever things seemed so bad that it’s impossible to carry on, He’ll surprise me with a little jolt of happiness. It is to remind me that Hope is still around.

Whatever happened make the person I am today. And I am glad that I have emerged stronger, if not wiser.

I’m trying hard to get my feet out of the sticky mud of the past and brave the present and the future. But every few steps I make, I tend to look back over my shoulders watching out for the monsters which still haunt me once in a while.

Nostalgia swept over me.

It’s up to me to sweep it under the carpet.

No comments: