When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep. ~Author Unknown
Tomorrow is Angel’s BIG day. It’s her very first major performance since she joined Chinese Dance in Primary One. She’ll be performing in front of ministers and “important people” at the Asian Museum, or so the teacher had told them.
That explains why as I am typing now, the unsettled little girl is tossing and turning in my bed.
That explains why she has been doing so for the past two hours.
“You can’t sleep?”
“Uh-hum.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know.”
“What if you forget your dance steps tomorrow?”
“I won’t.”
“What if you fall asleep halfway through the dance?”
“I won’t. You aren’t sleeping too. What if you fall asleep halfway through my dance then everybody goes back without you and you get locked in the museum?”
Speechless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment