Friday, July 07, 2006

Never Say Die-t

If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people. ~Jim Eason

Suddenly, everybody around me is going on diet. No matter they are fat or skinny, tall or short, men or women, young or old.

I tried to join in the trend too. But it’s an almost impossible task. I couldn’t seem to resist eating.

I eat when I am happy.

Hurray! Yippee! It’s time for a celebration! It’s time to eat and drink!

I eat when I am depressed.

I feel like doing nothing and thinking of nothing. Munching on something lulls my mind into oblivion to everything. And when my tummy is filled with something, I’ll be too sleepy to brood over anything.

I eat when I am relaxed.

Leaning on my favourite sofa, holding my favourite book, reading my favourite story, nibbling on my favourite chips… Heavens…

I eat when I am stressed.

I think I am able to think better when I am eating, I think. But I think, when my tummy is full, I think I am too sleepy to think, I think.

I eat when I am excited.

Oh gosh… Oh gosh… I need some food to calm me down.

I eat when I am bored.

What can I do? *open fridge* What should I do? *look at shelves* What is there to do? *open drawers* What need I do? *pull out a packet of chips* What will I do? *crunch… crunch… crunch*

I’ve been telling my friend I want to diet for the past decade. But when I am face-to-face with the ever seductive, teasing, alluring, irresistible devil, I can’t help but give in to the temptation, and commit the unforgivable sin. The only thought that goes through my mind will be:

“Eat now; diet tomorrow.”

Tomorrow Never Comes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha!!

tats a good one! you wanna be a james bond babe ah?

felicia said...

hmmm.. if i'm fuller on top and slimmer at the middle and firmer at the bottom?