A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.
~Author Unknown
All my life as a mother, I want to be many roles to my kids.
I want to be their discipline mistress when they make mistakes.
I want to be their buddy when they want to gossip.
I want to be their guide when they need directions.
I want to be their port when they need some solace.
I want to be their teacher when they are revising their work.
I want to be their exemplar when they need a role model.
I want to be their nurse when they fall sick.
I want to be their crazy playmate when they want to tear the house down.
I want to be their judge when they have disagreements.
I want to be their teddy bear when they need to hug someone.
I want to be their clutches when they fall down real hard.
I want to be their puppy when they need someone to kiss away their tears.
I want to be their angel when they need freedom and I can watch them from above.
I want to be their mother, to be always there for them, with them and behind them.
Sadly, I’m neither here nor there and only a little of each.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
Tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment