Housework, if it is done right, can kill you. ~John Skow
It’s one of those days I feel so proud of myself.
With my kids and dogs at my in-laws’ place, I returned home with a rare determination to embark on the accumulated chores around the house.
My brother used to say this about me: “I'm inured to your abysmal indolence!”
I have to admit that I’m not the typical perfect mother who vacuums the house EVRY DAY, mops the house EVERY DAY, whips up sumptuous meals EVER DAY, cleans the furniture and electrical appliances around the house EVERY DAY, groom my dog EVERY DAY, bring my dog for a walk EVERY DAY, talk to my dog EVERY DAY…
The list goes on and on. I’m even too lazy to type out EVERYTHING.
So I am really proud of myself for what I had accomplished today.
Besides the standard vacuuming and mopping of floors, washing and hanging out of clothes, scrubbing and drying of dishes, I even managed to wash the toilet (Ok. I only washed one, which I already deem a GREAT feat!), vacuum the furniture and equipments in my room and the living room (Since these two rooms are the most utilized. The other two rooms are too far away!), change Rachel’s bed sheet (Don’t ask me why hers only. Ask her.), rearranged and vacuum the shoes on my shoe racks (I can’t remember buying dog-fur shoes before!), clear some junks (aka throwing some things which had been unwanted but left to collect dust for a long, long, long, long time), and pruning my money plant by my doorstep!
It’s when I was removing all the dead leaves on my money plant that I realized I had neglected it for so long. You’re right. I’ve even forgotten to water it for days (or weeks?). Thankfully it’s not the dry season now. After removing like more than twenty dead leaves from the plant, I kept singing praises to the Lord for the many leaves left on the plant. In an act of contrition, I quenched its thirst with a full watering-can of water onto the soil, refreshed its leaves with sprays of water mixed with fertilizer and pesticide abundantly, caressed its stems gently to rearrange its mien.
I’ve been doing the same to my kids and dogs too. Some days I’ll be feeling so bushed to bother about them. Some days I’ll suddenly wake up and do all sorts of things with them.
Fortunately the living things in my house are all incredibly resilient. I’m extremely gratified that they NEVER once behold any grudges on me too. I really appreciate their persistence to thrive and shine above all the adversities. And for all their praises and love they still lavish on me, I’m truly indebted.
Thank you, kids. Thank you, dog. Thank you, plant.
Thank you, Hubby, for helping me do all the above when I was not in the mood to lift my heavy rear off the comfy couch, whenever you are around.
Oh well, time for me to head to my comfy couch again.
Do Not Disturb.
Please.


4 comments:
Hii Sotong!!
Eh I was wondering if i shld let u see this: "Money plant is also known as Golden Pothos, Devil's Ivy, Devil's claw."
Pothos is the Greek word for 'longing', a divine power (daimon).
In Greek myth, Pothos and his brothers Eros ('love') and Himeros ('desire') were the sons of Zephyr, the westerly wind. However, according to the Athenian philosopher Plato (427-348), Himeros and Pothos were the sons of Eros (Cratylus 420a). Whatever their precise family connections, Himeros represented the desire towards something that was within human reach, and Pothos was the longing towards an unattainable goal. Since the object of this longing could only be reached in a better, more perfect world, it comes as no surprise that Pothos was associated with Death. For example, the word is also used to describe the Delphinium flowers that were placed on tombs (Theophrastus, Plants 6.8.3
I'm not sure if u believe though..
*Papi*
wow~ and all along i thot money plant is simply associated with MONEY!!!
devil's advocate.. o_O
haha That's what my mum thought so.. she threw away her money plant..
papi
in that case, any suggestions for a hardy plant that can thrive under harsh conditions (due to carer's constant negligence) and shady area (not much sunlight outside my porch)? i tried a type of bamboo (guan yin zhu) before but it nearly died.. :P
Post a Comment