Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. ~Groucho Marx
I’m officially thirty-two!
“Middle age is a non-specific stage in life when one is neither old nor young, but somewhere in between.” ~From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hail! Middle age, here I come!
But wait. The definition continues…
“This is considered by some to be the ages around, or older than, the middle of the average life span of human beings. In developed societies, people are generally considered to be middle aged between the ages of about 40-59.”
Ooooh… So I’m not there yet! Hurray!
But wait again. The same encyclopedia had another saying on Human Development.
Physical stages
Terms for stages of age-related physical development include, with their approximate age ranges:
-Zygote, the point of Conception, fertilization
-Embryo; in the later stages also called fetus
Well, I’m not particularly interested in the early stages of life especially the formation of the mortal being. I’m (not) proud to admit that I never fail (to fail) my Pure Biology in my secondary years. Please read outside the brackets for the sake of my birthday.
-Birth
-Child
----Infant (baby, newborn) (0-1.5)
----Toddler (1.5-4)
----Primary school age (also called prepubescence) (4-12)
-------Elementary school age (also called middle childhood) (4-8)
-------Preadolescence (preteen, or late childhood. The child in this and the previous phase are called schoolchild (schoolboy or schoolgirl), when still of primary school age.) (9-12)
I’m well aware of the birth to child stages, as I had been through once (not that I remember EVERYTHING I’d gone through), and responsible and actively involved in three more (not that I remember EVERYTHING either).
-Adolescence and puberty (teenage) (13-20)
Adolescence is something which I’d sailed through without many mishaps. But for now, I’m gritting my teeth preparing to accept whatever challenges posed ahead of me. If only my descendents have possessed only my good genes. What a pity it takes two sides to produce an offspring.
-Young adult (16-25)
-Adult (16-21 or older; exact minimum age may vary)
----Early adulthood (21-32)
----Middle age (33-54)
----Advanced adult/Senior citizen (55+)
During my early adulthood, I was practically busy getting pregnant. I celebrated the beginning with my first child and commemorated the ending of young adult with my third. Regrets? Not really. Especially when you keep receiving compliments that I look like my eldest daughter’s sister! It helps to soothe whatever bruises suffered along the way. Their heart-warming laughter and tender thoughtfulness are the best medicine to chase away any blues.
I’m approaching middle age. However, I’m crossing my fingers that it doesn’t show around my middle.
It’s certainly too early (or not?) to talk about advancement to senior citizen. I can only say that I hope I can age as gracefully as my mother, my idol, who had me enthused to become a mother like her, but sadly, fail.
-Death (occurs at various ages, depending on person)
Death comes to everyone. (Goodness gracious! I’m still celebrating my birthday for goodness sake!) I do hope to have the opportunity to brief you on the process when I’ve experienced it.
I’ll be back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Sotong!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Papi.
Thank u Papi~~~~~~~
*hugz* *muack* *muack*
happy birthday middle aged citizen!!! better enjoy your middle age era before you hit your senior citizen era!!! lol :P
apple
hehehehe.. thank u apple!! don't gloat too early.. ur turn soon to come.. ngiak ngiak ngiak..
Post a Comment