It is not giving children more that spoils them; it is giving them more to avoid confrontation. ~John Gray, "Children Are From Heaven"
But the thing is, my kids never confront me.
They did have grouses but they NEVER blame me for not being able to get them whatever they want.
Most often than not, when one of them wants something, the other two will try to dissuade me from buying.
“Mummy, don’t buy. It’s a waste of money.”
“That thing is useless. Don’t buy it, Mummy.”
“We already have so many of that at home. No need to buy!”
I don’t know if they are just trying to kill the joy of their siblings from getting something they desire, or they are being considerate towards me. Perhaps both.
Sometimes, their way of dissuading their siblings from buying that particular thing is amusingly embarrassing.
“Cannot ask Mummy to buy. She got no money.” It’s not difficult to guess what I’ve been telling them all the time when they ask for something.
“So wasteful!” Angel’s favourite phrase when someone other than her wants something.
“Mummy not working so she got no income. If you really want, you can ask Big Aunt or Small Aunt to buy for us. Or you can ask Papa!” Desperately hope no one mentioned above is within hearing range.
Thus, I lavish on my kids for the sole pleasure of seeing their faces light up when they occasionally receive something from me. It sends me on spasms of ecstasy.
And thus, I bought three Mr Midnight series for Rachel, one Pokemon comic for Mervin, and one storybook and a feathery pen which lights up when writing for Angel.
Oh no. I think I can count the grimace on many faces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
so well behaved kids..hahaha..
Post a Comment