Monday, June 26, 2006

Dam My Life

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
~Mother Teresa


All the while, I’ve been building a dam against all odds in my life. Every event is like a brick, hold on together with my sweat and tears.

When I thought that my dam is strong enough to withhold all the odds against me, it breaks. Only then do I realize how feeble my dam is. And when the water gushes out, there seems to be no end.

So many times I’ve thought of giving up, relocating to somewhere where the storm doesn’t blow so strongly. But my kids give me the strength to fight on. For them, I keep hoping for a better tomorrow.

Challenges. Confrontations. Sometimes they’re too much to bear. But this is life. My life.

Drowning my sorrow isn’t going to help anything. But it helps to release all the pressure building up at the other side of the dam. Once all the water flows through, I’ll be a happy person again. And I’ll be able to hear the laughter of my kids once more.

And I’ll begin building my dam again.

No comments: