Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water. ~Antoine Rivarol
Sometimes, it takes another person’s misfortune to remind us of how fortunate we are. It’s so ironic and sad.
It’s time I take a look at those more unfortunate souls around me and be thankful of all the blessings that God had given me. I must really learn to appreciate and cherish the treasures that I’m blessed with.
Rachel has been spending precious time with me again. Her schedule is so packed nowadays that we hardly have time to bare our souls to each other like we used to last time. But recently, she’ll suddenly plop down in front of me and find out how I’m feeling. I’m just so touched.
Mervin is a sweet young lad now. He finds all means of taking care of me now, with little gestures of his own. Just this evening, when we were having dinner at McDonald’s and I insisted that I didn’t want anything, he took a mid wing and some fries from his portion and placed them in front of me.
“Since you had given birth to me, I am part of you. So, you must have part of my share,” he insisted.
Angel is still the most hands-on helper around the house. The moment I start to complain about something, she’ll voluntarily get it done before I finish my complaint. She will even go the extra mile to help her siblings with their stuffs, though they may not be always appreciative.
Kid’s father is coming back on Wednesday. He’s staying for a week before he flies off again. He had meant it to be a surprise for kids but I had to spoil the fun since they need the motivation to clean up the mess at home!
After every rain, there’s a hope for a rainbow.
Most of the time, it may not be there.
But, at least, there is still hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment