Thursday, February 19, 2009

All In One Day

When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long. ~Author Unknown

I left office at noon, went to the mall to do some banking, and allowed myself to fall into indulgence. I bought another three books from J. D. Robb’s “In Death” series! There were six books I had wanted to buy badly, but after much struggle, I put back two of the books reluctantly back onto the shelf.

What a sin! I had bought five books just within a month. Oh no, I must really restrain myself. No more spending on myself for this month at least. Control, control, control…

I walked with a guilty conscience to the interchange to take a bus to Mervin’s school. After almost half an hour, I was beginning to feel impatient. Where on earth was the bus? Had they all evaporated into the air in this freaking hot weather?

Just then, a police K9 van pulled into the interchange, followed by a patrol car, and parked near my queue. Everyone was poking their heads to catch a look of what’s going on. I tried to act nonchalant while casting secret side-glances in anticipation. At that moment, I was thankful that the bus had arrived late and wished the bus would arrive even later. Such a joke!

Minutes later, a police officer and a big dog got down from the van and headed towards the other far end of the interchange. I was hoping for a bit of action to spice up my day but all there was to see was a huge ecstatic pooch with its long dripping tongue dangling out of a wide silly grin, wagging its out-of-control tail crazily while being led by its master like it’s going for a long-awaited stroll in the park.

Then, the bus arrived.

The end.

The journey to the school took a mere fifteen-minute bus ride and five minutes of bake-under-the-sun walk. Then, it’s another ten minutes of air-conditioned ride to the destination of the soccer tournament and another hour of roast-under-the-deadly-heat waiting for the match to start.

However, all the roasting and toasting and baking were worthwhile as Mervin got to play the full match for the first time in this tournament! Even though they lost 3-0 to the better team, it was a pleasure to see him getting alive in the field. He definitely made me a proud mama!

We headed back to school for debrief, went for dinner at the nearby KFC, then bought dinner back for Rachel. I nagged them to get showered, then sat down with them to do some Maths and Chinese, then cleared some mess, washed some dishes, changed Kristel’s papers, fed her, folded some clothes and finally had the chance to head into the shower myself.

Now, as I sit in front of my computer, chatting with my brother while updating my blog, I all but feel my battery dying on me.

Work + cheerleading + revision + chores = dead meat

(Really) The end.

No comments: