Friday, February 13, 2009

Ouch.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. ~M. Kathleen Casey

It’s a blessing that I did not have to go to the office today. The thing that I had been able to avoid for a few years, and had managed to hunt me down again since some years back, harassed me again.

It was like a shadow, creeping up in silence. Its cold fingers reached in slowly, lingered and smothered, until cold sweats broke out as a dull ache seeped in.

It clawed in the inside, taking its time, not unlike a conductor mesmerized in its symphony, enjoying every note that was playing, every hurt it was causing.

Just when it decided that it had had enough of entertainment, it tightened its fists and delivered a merciless punch which ended in me bending over in spasms of agony.

As if pleased with its performance, it relaxed its grip, wriggled its icy fingers, and started all over again.

I bit my tongue to prevent myself from mouthing any profanities. It simply dreaded me knowing that I have to deal with it almost every month.

Oh cramps.

Oh craps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only eve hadn't taken that apple...