The best helping hand that you will ever receive is the one at the end of your own arm. ~Fred Dehner
For the rest of yesterday’s evening and this morning, Angel had hung her left arm rigidly by her side.
“It can’t move,” she groaned, “It’s feeling sore.”
I tried to give her an understanding smile and tried to help her in her daily activities.
During breakfast, she tried tearing the biscuit wrapper with her stiff left arm suspended by her side and right arm fumbling clumsily. I chipped in to help.
Before her shower, she stood in a daze, wondering how to remove her clothes without lifting her left arm. Once again, I offered my assistance.
“How do I shower with one hand?” she frowned. So I showered for her instead.
To complete the job, I helped her to wear her clothes too.
However, when she went crazy playing with her brother, she absent-mindedly lifted her left arm without problem.
That was when I put my foot down and ordered her to do everything by herself from then on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment