Saturday, September 02, 2006

Day 6: Day Dream

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen. ~Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Lord, lord, lord. Protect me from the consequences of the above prayer. ~Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

I had a long and bizarre dream. I was in this house, supposed to be mine, and looking for Mervin. He appeared to have gone out without my permission and I was getting agitated. When I spotted him coming back on his skate-scooter from upstairs, I dashed down the stairs and gave him a piece of my mind.

“Why did you go out on the skate scooter without my permission?” I was in my usual stern tone.

It was a bizarre dream as Mervin was a TALL and BIG guy in that dream. I can’t remember how he looked like now but I knew it was him in that dream. And I do remember I had to lift my head to talk to him.

He answered me in his usual defiant manner that he just went out to have some fun or something like that. And he suddenly produced a handbook on studying Chinese to me. It seemed like he’s trying to relate to me that he had been working hard on his Chinese language.

I woke up feeling confused. The sun was already shining in mid sky. And when Mervin entered my room, I was relieved to find him that he’s still the same size I left him yesterday.

I spent most of the morning… I mean early afternoon, trying to figure out what did the dream mean. Am I too strict on him? Am I too distrustful in him? Am I restricting him too much? Will he be frustrated with me in future like what he was feeling apparently in the dream?

Somehow, I was a little petrified by the dream. Had I been worrying too much about him recently? Or was that a foresight of what will happen in the future? I refused to think further.

I miss Rachel today. If she’s around, I would be able to tell her about this dream and we could have a nice girl to girl talk.

I doubt I’ll still remember to bring this up when she returns from her trip on Friday. Even if I remember, I think I’ll be too lazy to bring it up again.

Sigh… Think I’ll stick to my usual philosophy: “Live one day at a time.”

No comments: