Somewhere Out There
Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight
Somewhere out there someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there
And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky
Somewhere out there if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true
And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky
Somewhere out there if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true
~ written by James Horner, Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil
I bolted out of bed the moment to long-awaited chime sounded from my bedside table. I fumbled with the gadget in my hand and tried to clear my foggy mind. Not that the pounding in my head or the aching in my body helped much.
There was so much I wanted to say. Thoughts and emotions were exploding within me. But I could barely choke out the words. No words then could describe the turbulent churning in my belly, the disordered thumping of my heart, and the tumultuous state of my mind.
I forced myself into another restless sleep before I kicked start my day with a cup of breakfast tea, though it was way past breakfast. I spent the other half of the day drifting aimlessly around the house with an emptiness deep inside me. I was like a lifeless corpse walking on earth waiting for the breath of life upon me. Thank goodness all the kids were not around to witness the hopelessness of their mother.
Just when I was drowning in the bottomless pit, the breath of life arrived like a summer breeze, cajoling all limp beings into life. For a moment, my spirit lifted and soared, the pains subsided and the hollowness filled.
However, by the time I sauntered to my in-laws’ place for dinner, the ecstasy that had kicked in earlier had receded back to negative degree.
Even as I listened to Angel babbling cheerfully on how she had spent the day at Grandma’s place, nodded in response to the remarks from my in-laws, forced some food down my tight throat, and watched a funny comedy, my soul seemed to be somewhere else. I felt non-existent.
Energy was seeping out of me fast. By the time I reached home, I felt light-headed and drained.
Perhaps it’s the flu bug that had gotten me.
Perhaps it’s just rest that I need.
Perhaps it’s something else.
Somewhere out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment