'Twas not my lips you kissed
But my soul
~Judy Garland
Ever since young, I love fairytales. Snow White and Sleeping Beauty had worked their charm on me. To me, a kiss is not merely a kiss. It’s something sacred; something divine; something that connects two souls together; something that speaks of true love.
Despite being in two relationships in my entire life, I hadn’t been able to experience the genuinely celestial sensation that I had expected from locking lips. Either I had placed my expectations too high or I was always doing it with the wrong person for the wrong reason.
Ultimately, I began to loathe it, especially when I had to do it against my will. And over the years, the more I deliberately evaded it, the more we became strangers. I was even convinced that I would never need it in my whole lifetime.
Somehow, when one becomes detached from something for too long, it takes a lot of struggles to reach out for it once again. Fears, hesitations, doubts and worries creep in and stay like thick vines, until someone who wields a shiny sword can slay through the overgrowth and open the heart one more time.
And suddenly, life is filled with sweetness; passion clouds the mind, bliss flows through the body and the heart is filled with yearning.
Silly as it may sound, I still believe in fairytales where the princess in distress will be saved by a knight on a white horse.
My fairytale.
My Knight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment