Sunday, December 03, 2006

Once In A Full Moon

A part of you has grown in me. And so you see, it's you and me together forever and never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart. ~Author Unknown

Whatever bugs that were bugging me the previous day had decided to give me temporary respite today. Though I woke up in the morning with dread, which apparently was not unusual, I was able to LISTEN to what the kids were trying to tell me and RESPOND. Phew! What an accomplishment!

I spent the morning as an Ice and Lightning Mage exploring new maps, attempting quests and slashing baddies in my Maple Word. My mind was kept occupied with flashes of Cold Beams and Thunderbolts so that it wouldn’t have time to dwell on other things.

In the afternoon, I had yet another opportunity to be alone in my own world as I took a trip to the bookstore all by myself. Slow ballads from my favourite artiste accompanied me throughout the journey and stirred my heart with recollections of the pasts. Soft gentle breeze ruffled my hair and kissed my face, making it an almost romantic day. It was impossible to stifle the smile that crept onto my lips while I was romancing with my sweet memories.

I was recalled back to my in law place by Angel who pleaded to have dinner with me. However, by the time I rushed home, quite reluctantly, that rascal was already half-way through her dinner.

“Sorry, Mummy, I waited for you until I got so hungry. So I started without you.”

How could one get angry with those big soulful eyes, especially when she handed me a great art piece which she had specially drawn up for me with inscription of “I love Mummy”?

That darling rascal…

On our way back home, the moon hanged big and round and bright on the dark sky. I couldn’t help but gazed at the mesmerizing sphere and wonder if someone else was watching it and admiring it at the same moment. It was a strange but comforting thought, that even at different parts of the world, we are still under the same sky and same moonlight.

Goodness. Something other than the bugs the day before had gotten into me.

Could it be the full moon?

Ah-wooooo…

No comments: