It is not how busy you are, but why you are busy - the bee is praised, the mosquito is swatted. ~Author Unknown
It’s the beginning of another new week. Once again, I had the opportunity to keep myself busy and hang out with the people I love.
Dragging myself out of bed in the morning is something which I have not overcome. Thus when I reached the school as early as six-fifty in the morning with the kids, my mind was still in the process of crawling out of the blurry haze. I had to keep myself from staring into space and getting into another daze.
It was a great feeling being with people I like and listening to them gossiping even when my mind was drifting in and out of consciousness. It was the familiar warmth and affection that made my heart sighed in contentment.
Angel was in one of her rare clingy mood today. While waiting for her school to start after her swimming lesson, she pleaded with me with her soulful eyes to keep her company at school. I took her to Mervin who was playing with a bunch of friends at the court, and asked her to join them in a game of ball. Mervin, who was beginning to show his protective side towards his sister, persuaded his friends to let his sister join in. Angel rejected the offer though and continued refusing to let me go back.
However yearning I was to carry on hugging her and relish in her adoration, the two bagfuls of wet towels and costumes reminded me of my tasks on hand. I tried futilely to coax her into killing her time with her brother, but it was a knight in shiny armour who came to my rescue and took the trouble to keep her occupied till her class began.
The moment I reached home, it was the routine chore of washing the towels and wet suits, and hanging them to dry. I was lying in my bed contemplating whether to vacuum the floor or fold the clothes first when I dozed off.
I woke up with a heavy head and a bleary mind, uncertain if I was still in reverie or in reality. By the time I splashed my face with icy cold water and became fully awake, I realized with a rude shock that I was going to be late fetching the kids from school.
Fortunately, the past months of walking to and from school had helped built up my stamina. I had little trouble brisk walking to the school in fifteen minutes. It was only when I felt a little light-headedness along the way that I remembered I had forgotten to have any of my meals for the whole day! I was pleasantly surprised that my headache had not acted up due to the lack of caffeine-for-the-day.
Dinner was settled at McDonald’s as per requested by the kids. They had been tolerant to my hazardous cooking for the past week and I presumed they deserved a break.
I hadn’t really done much for today. The clothes were still piled up. The floors were still un-vacuumed and the kids had helped to create more mess.
Tomorrow shall be the day. Tomorrow I shall conquer everything.
Tomorrow then say…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment