How do we know that the sky is not green and we are all colour-blind? ~Author Unknown
I guess my poor eyes are ill-treated by the extra long hours spent squinting at the laptop screen and the awfully little time on sleep. They are showing signs of distress by making me see mist coming out of the things around me.
I was waiting for the water to boil for my cup of tea when I first spotted the “mist” floating up from my empty mug. To make certain that I was not actually “seeing things”, I moved my gaze toward Angel’s water bottle beside me. The same misty effect played out right before my eyes. I turned to gape at the toaster. The same mysterious mist floated up from the apparatus.
I was more amazed than afraid by then. I switched my view towards the kettle. Even more mist was rising out of it! Oh my! Was my condition getting more serious?
It was only after a few seconds of staring at the smoke that I realized – the water is boiling.
Oh well, I think a cup of tea is going to fix everything.
Back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Physical fatigue is better than emotional weariness. The former can be overcome with rest (if you can get it), plus there is a promise of income here (if you complete the assignment in time). With emotional weariness, oh boy, you know very well how deep that abyss of black hole is!
Post a Comment