Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Deadly Deadlines

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. ~Douglas Adams

I’m flogged with deadlines.

I have two weeks to complete my data entries. I did a mental calculation with Rachel and found out with dismay that it means I will have to put in about TEN HOURS of work each weekday to hit the mark! No more beauty sleeps! No more beauty outings! No more beauty rests! But will there be a beautiful figure in return? (Wishful thinking…)

Kids’ examinations are beginning in two days’ time. I’ll need to squeeze some time in to revise with them by hook or by crook. The hard work they have been putting in these few days should not be wasted in vain because of me. I must give them my full physical and moral support; if only I have more time to do so. Thankfully Mervin and Angel are so sensible and understanding. Mervin never fails to complete the workload I assign to him nowadays; and Angel often helps me to keep some little corners spick and span. And thank God Rachel is constantly bringing in good results to elate my soul. (Rachel got A1 for her Maths paper! Yippee~)

I need a line that is not dead.

I need a life line.


2 weeks enough?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel has your genes in her forte for Math. CooL!

The journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step. The sooner you get started, the higher the chance of you completing that stack of data entry before two weeks are up. Good luck!