Thursday, March 08, 2007

WAR (the rest of the episodes)

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere. ~Glenn Turner

I’m attempting to cut the rather long and unnecessarily long-winded story short. WAR stories are obviously neither my favourite nor my forte; I prefer PEACE. Thus, here’s a summarized account of what went on during the Battle Season.

The kids had completed other stages of WAR with no immediate casualties. They’d fought face to face with the Dynasty Warriors and counted their steps carefully across the Mine Field. Rachel and Mervin had even engaged in a Biological Warfare with the enemies.

Each and every of them left the battlefield with victorious smiles on their faces, which really got me worried. Easy victory is not something to gloat over; somehow, from my experiences over the years, there’s bound to be glitches when things look so simple from the surface.

I tried probing them for any possible fatal internal injuries they might suffer.

“Are there any Chinese characters you don’t know how to read or write?”

“Are you able to rearrange the sentences?”

“Can you answer the comprehension questions?”

“Any sums you don’t know how to do?”

“Is the paper difficult?”

They couldn’t give me a definite answer on any of the above inquiries except for the last one. Just as I had feared, the enemies posed no threat to them at all.

There was really nothing I could do except for praying diligently for them every single day. What is done cannot be undone, but I do believe there might be a miracle.

Or perhaps just deserts.

Oh my God.

No comments: