Sunday, January 18, 2009

Recharge

Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses. ~Alphonse Karr

I was experiencing a new low spiritually and emotionally. Everything in my life seemed to plunge like the recent Dow index. I was stuck in a rut. Every single day I was bogged down with housework and kids’ studies. Not to mention the hopelessness that seeped into the emptiness in my heart and filled me with even more despair.

Kids asked if I wanted to go for the afternoon service and I gave a straight “no” without giving a second thought.

“I have so many things to get done with at home!” I snapped.

My heart was screaming desperately for help. I was near tears when I thought of how incapable I was in all areas of my life.

Suddenly, something I had just read last night popped into my head,

“Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 12:4

“If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling?” 1 Corinthians 12:17

Everybody is designed for a different role in his life. Nobody can be perfect in everything. We may be weak in certain area, but stronger in another.

“Do your best and God will do the rest.”

I decided to go for the service after all. With less than an hour to prepare, I ditched my housework aside, rushed to church, met with my kids and had a wonderful service. My spirit was lifted immensely.

Right after service, everything suddenly worked out miraculously. I brought Mervin and Angel to Jurong Point and managed to find the perfect Chinese New Year clothes for them within my budget! I even got a vacuum cleaner I had been lacking for the past weeks.

Loads were finally lifted off my chest and I felt wondrous.

Thank God.

No comments: