Life is a mixed blessing, which we vainly try to unmix. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
Lately I felt heavily burdened by all the bills, especially when the other party fails to bring back enough dough. To make things worse, I was drawing away from His presence more and more often. I am not committed to my daily quiet time anymore. Most of the time I will let myself fall into temptations and excuse myself from the daily devotion. As a result, I feel physically, mentally, spiritually and financially dry.
But God is a faithful God. He is full of love and mercy for us. He understands us and continues to care and provide for us unconditionally. He is patient with us and continues to lead us with His gentle hands.
I was late this morning so had to take public bus to my office. In a sudden urge, I decided to bring along my bible to read on the bus. I prayed as I walked, all the way, looking into the vast sky, seeking for His comfort. And suddenly it hit me. God was blessing me in small ways I did not realize.
Through His Grace (and my brother’s help in his effective and incessant complaining to the authority), I was able to recover an amount I overlooked in my previous Singtel bill. I am also able to convert my current analogue residential line to a digital one without incurring the service charge even though I had taken up the MIO package a few months ago. Furthermore, with their current Philips Twin Dect Phone promotion, I will be getting new phone to replace my faulty one at home and at the same time enjoy free Phone Plus (Caller-ID , Call Waiting, etc) services for a year.
It took me a while to realize all the above did not happen coincidentally. They were God-incidentally. It’s so easy for us to think that things happen naturally. But He is the One who makes it work in His way, in His time. There are so many things that pass us unnoticed but nonetheless blessings to us.
I prayed for His Word and read Psalm 56 to 59.
“For you have delivered my soul from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.” ~Psalm 56:13
“Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.” ~Psalm 57:1
“But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” ~Psalm 59:16
Thank You, LORD, for always being with me wherever I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment