The feeling of sleepiness when you are not in bed, and can't get there, is the meanest feeling in the world. ~Edgar Watson Howe
The wind has been exceptionally strong for the past few days. I suspected someone had sprinkled sleeping dust into the wind. The more the wind blew into my face, the sleepier I got.
Mervin was into his third day of illness. He’s at the toxin-purging-out-from-body-via-mouth-and-anus phase, aka recovering stage. I think the initial term is kind of long and disgusting. Thus, I took the trouble to truncate it for the benefit of my readers.
His fever had subsided considerably from the thirty-nine degrees celcius yesterday. He no longer complained of headache and vertigo. However, he still had to put up with stuffy nose and persistent cough with phlegm. Occasional stomach cramps accompanied with the detoxification of the body and he had to cope with water-sickness from the excessive irrigation over the past two days.
Other than the above symptoms, he’s doing fine and even managed to entertain me with his endless whines and whimpers.
Amidst tending to the Emperor, administering medicines to him, spoon-feeding him meals and consoling him after having nightmares, I tried to squeeze some chores into my time. But the wind was making everything impossible.
Firstly, things were flying off counters and shelves all over the house. Even Kristel was hesitant about resting on her bed with the calendar flapping madly above her.
Secondly, the weather seems too good to be missed for a trip to Slumber Land. I found my mind wandering a few times there unconsciously and had to yank myself hard back to Mother Earth.
Lastly, and nothing to do with the wind, my body was switched to sedentary mode. My arms couldn’t move. My legs wouldn’t budge. My mind was a blank.
Somewhere from the distance, along with the gusts of strong winds, a lullaby was playing…
Just as I was heading towards my pillow, deep down inside, the string of guilt was tugging…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment